- See also: Finances = Personal Financial Planning ... | (Retirement planning)
- 4 Reasons You Should Never Pay for Credit Monitoring | Money Talks News
- Fraud Alert vs. Freeze your credit vs. Monitor your own credit
- Freezing your credit = freezing access to your credit report. No one will be able to retrieve your credit report, thereby preventing accounts from being opened in your name, regardless of whether the opener has your sensitive information. If you plan to apply for credit or make a large purchase, you can temporarily lift the freeze again (about $5) or you can permanently unfreeze for no additional cost. Both a temporary lift and a permanent unfreeze take no more than three business days, again, by law. There is absolutely no reason not to freeze your credit. The only downside is it takes a few days to unfreeze or temporarily lift the freeze (assuming you have your PIN).
- Tracking one's credit rating is free (in USA) - Honolulu Star-Advertiser
- People with higher credit scores — they typically range from 300 to 850 — are offered lower interest rates for mortgages, credit cards and other loans. Those with low scores might not be able to take out a loan, rent a home or even be hired for a job.
- Formulations for coming up with a credit score are similar, so if you see a score that's extremely different from the others, it's a cause for concern.
- FICO score is a brand of credit score developed by Fair Isaac Corp.
- Annual Credit Report.com - For USA citizens only? US citizens are allowed one free credit report per year from each credit reporting agency.
- Credit Sesame | Free Credit Score & Credit Report Online - score based on a customer's Experian report
- CreditKarma - Free Credit Score & Credit Report Data. No Credit Card Needed - score based on a customer's Equifax and TransUnion reports (both)
- CreditWalk.ca - Canadian Credit Cards & Travel Rewards
- Equifax & TransUnion &
- Warning! - If you request your credit score, you will automatically be signed up for a monthly subscription. Be sure to cancel this if you don't need continuous (all-day, every-day) credit monitoring.
Experian = CreditReport.com & FICO® Score powered by Experian
Personal Services Contacts at Experian.com
Only does credit reports in the USA, not in Canada.
877-322-8228 - 888-397-3742 - 714-830-7000 - Impossible to find the information you need. Impossible to get an operator. Very annoying voice menu system that leads nowhere.
Experian Canada | Does not do credit reports
416-313-2000 - Gone out of business? Phone is never answered.
- FreeCreditReport.com - Do not use this site. Instead, you should use Annual Credit Report.com.
- FTC = Federal Trade Commission | Protecting America's Consumers (USA)
- Identity Guard Canada | $18/month
- Mint | Budget Tracker & Planner | Free Online Money Management | Mint
- Quizzle | Free Credit Score & Free Credit Report - score based on a customer's Equifax report
- TransUnion | Credit Report, Credit Score & Credit Rating | TransUnion - Canada
- VantageScore Consumer Credit Scoring | VantageScore Solutions
- WalletHub: Free Credit Scores, Reports & Credit Improvement