Retirement & Pensions
CPP | OAS | RRSP/RRIF | TFSA
Financial Post | Personal Finance
Fiscal Agents - Canadian Money Centre Site
Google Search - Retirement Planning
Harvest Portfolios Group - ETFs | Mutual Funds | Structured Funds - Just FYI. Not a recommendation.
LeBelAge.ca - Retraite, argent, santé, voyages, loisirs et techno pour baby-boomers
Lodging - Buy or Rent?
NCOA = National Council on Aging
NYTimes -|$$$|- (CDN$20/4weeks)
Federal/Provincial/Territorial Ministers Responsible for Seniors Forum - Canada.ca
The Montreal Gazette
Arbor Memorial Inc.
Service Corporation International = SCI
Vancouver Jewish Seniors Directory
Alan Simpson said it (NOT a Québécois senator).
- Health & Aging ...
- AARP = American Association of Retired Persons (USA)
- CARP = Canadian Association of Retired Persons (Canada)
- FADOQ | Réseau FADOQ = Fédération de l’Âge d’Or du Québec
- Banks / Investment Services
- Personal Financial Planning
- Shopping - discounts
- City-Data.com - Stats about all US cities - real estate, relocation info, crime, house prices, cost of living, races, home value estimator, recent sales, income, photos, schools, maps, weather, neighborhoods, and more
- ElderAction - Thanks to Caroline James for recommending this site.
- EverythingZoomer - 45+ lifestyle magazine
- Retirement Planning with CDIC - Everything Zoomer - Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation
- Think Twice Before Taking Early CPP - Everything Zoomer
- Work & Retirement - Everything Zoomer
- Alan Simpson, Senator from Wyoming, Co-Chair of Obama's deficit commission, calls senior citizens "the Greediest Generation" as he compared Social Security to a Milk Cow with 310 million teats. August, 2010.
- Although this retarded American senator said it, there are many other uninformed (ignorant) people who expound the same rhetoric without any logical or factual basis.
- However, the author of the response to this senator's stupid remark is really not known.
- Gratitude must be extended to this unknown author for explaining facts that any self-respecting politician should have verified before vilifying a whole generation of citizens.
- The response is brutally honest and correct even if the author is really anonymous.
- Did Alan Simpson or Dick Durbin Call Americans 'The Greediest Generation'? - snopes.com
- CPP = Canada Pension Plan
- In Québec, the equivalent is QPP = RRQ = Le Régime de rentes du Québec
- See EverythingZoomer
- RRQ - CompuPension = RRQ - Simulation des revenus à la retraite
- 13 Things You Need to Know About the Canada Pension Plan - Everything Zoomer
- CPP Investments
- Public pensions - Canada.ca
- The best time to start CPP —if you don't know when you will die
- Bear in mind that, like most pensions and annuities, CPP and OAS are income streams that "run out" or reduce upon the passing of a spouse, unlike personal assets that have both a survivor and estate benefits.
What does this mean?
- One thing the "delay CPP" crowd often forgets is the tricky issue of Survivor Benefits. We looked at this earlier this year but Diamond says that while you can receive both a CPP retirement pension and a survivor benefit, the sum of the two cannot exceed the maximum CPP retirement pension payable at age 65. So if both spouses wait until 65 or beyond and are at the maximum payout, there would be no CPP survivor benefit for the one who outlives the other. And OAS has no survivor benefit nor an estate value (CPP has a $2,500 death benefit).
- Should I collect CPP early?
You can begin collecting CPP as early as 60 or wait until 70 at the latest. However, the government will penalize you (subtract 0.6 per cent a month before 65 if you begin collecting early) or incentivize you (add 0.7 per cent a month after 65) if you defer it. To illustrate the difference, suppose your annual CPP benefit is $10,000 a year, if you begin collecting at 60, you'll be penalized $3,600 over the five years. Conversely, if you delay to 70, you'll collect an extra $4,200. Runchey says if you live to 80 (the normal life expectancy), it doesn't matter what age you start receiving benefits: "Based on the math, by 80 the total payouts will be about equal."
- FNEEQ (CSN) = Fédération nationale des enseignantes et des enseignants du Québec
- OAS = Old Age Security
- OTPP - Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan
- email@example.com - 416-226-2700 or 1-800-668-0105
- RRSP = Registered Retirement Savings Plan
- TFSA = tax-free savings account