- Online components of my courses
- Lab - What to do?
- Please check your "Lecture Notes" for instructions on what to do for your lab.
- The grey buttons are for labs. Click on the button for that date on the calendar.
- See also - Lab Tips ...
- Online Activity = Work will be completed independently (or in a group) and submitted online (and sometimes a printout submitted at the beginning of the next class session). Usually this activity requires the use of a computer and an Internet connection.
- Individual Work or Group Work
- Number of members in the group
- Lab = There will not be a formal class or lesson (in the assigned classroom).
The classroom will be empty.
- Warning!!! - This does NOT mean that the class is cancelled.
It means that you will organize yourself (and your group) to complete the assigned activity by the assigned deadline.
It means that you may work anywhere and at any time that is convenient for you and your group.
Time-shifting = You (and your group) can complete the work wherever and whenever it is most convenient for everyone involved.
- You will work on your own (or with your group, if it is a group project).
- You (and your group, if it is a group project) will get together to work on the assigned material (homework/assignment/project/presentation/etc.).
- Attendance will not be taken for a lab. The classroom will be empty.
- An activity Report will probably be required for each lab. Each individual in the group will submit (upload) a report for each lab. See your lecture notes for details.
- You will probably have work to submit (upload) before the beginning of the next in-class lesson (see the white buttons on the calendar). You may also have an online quiz or survey to complete on Moodle. Check your Lecture Notes.
- Deadlines ...
- Check my Website regularly (= at least once a week). You MUST check my Website (pkidd.com) before the beginning of each class.
- You MUST prepare for each lesson. You must do the assigned work. You must do the readings.
- Before the beginning of the next class.
- You will probably have to submit (upload) your work for evaluation (softcopy = online = upload) before the beginning of the next class.
- You may also have an online quiz or survey to complete on Moodle. Check your Lecture Notes.
- Deadlines ...
- However, for some homework/assignments/Projects, there may be another deadline specified. Please read the instructions carefully.
- Deadlines ...
- Computers & Internet Access
- You may use your own computer (anywhere that has an Internet connection).
- The College provides a Wi-Fi network and you can log in using your usual network username and password.
- There are many computer labs available in the College. There is always at least one lab open for any students.
Please check (on the schedule posted at the lab's door) that there is no class taking place in that lab at that time. Teachers are not obliged to allow you to work in their lab during a lesson.
- 2F Academic Computer Centre
- Student Affairs - room 2E.6 - to complete registration form and acquire an access code number
- My Office Hours - Please do NOT just drop in. - My Office Hours